Society of Reproductive Surgeons Minimally Invasive Reproductive Surgery Fellowship (MIRS)
The Society of Reproductive Surgeons (SRS) is proud to present an exclusive one-year post-graduate fellowship for reproductive endocrinologists and gynecologists interested in infertility medicine, who desire further advanced minimally invasive reproductive surgical training.
The purpose of the fellowship is to enhance surgical experience for managing reproductive organ disorders.
Surgical Techniques emphasized will include:
- Advanced laparoscopy including management of advanced-stage endometriosis, including extra-genital endometriosis of the peritoneum, diaphragm, bowel and bladder, etc.
- Comfort with robotics
- Tubal reconstruction
- Fertility-sparing management of uterine leiomyoma, including operative hysteroscopic resection, as well as the laparoscopic management of uterine leiomyoma.
- All aspects of operative hysteroscopy will be taught, including metroplasty, myomectomy, and polypectomy, as well as managing advanced stage Asherman syndrome.
Research is integral to this fellowship. The results from fellow-led projects will be submitted for the ASRM national meeting and, if accepted, fellows will have the support and opportunity to present their findings. Post-graduate fellows will also have the opportunity to publish their findings in Fertility and Sterility.
HOW TO APPLY
The applicant must have:
- Completed an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency or a Reproductive Endocrinology fellowship in the United States.
- Be able to obtain a medical license and hospital privileges to practice medicine in the accepted post-graduate program.
- Application submitted by July 1st for enrollment in the following year's program.
J-1 visas are not
provided by fellowship programs.
To view the program manual, please click the following link: Program Manual
To become a fellow, please apply using the link SRS Fellowship Application and submit it to the SRS Administrator, Megan Miller.
To apply to be the director of a fellowship, please click the following link: Preceptor Program and Application
Below are approved SRS MIRS fellowship programs, including hyperlinks to personal descriptions for each:
*(All positions filled; currently accepting applications for 2022-2023)